SONIQ Million Dollar Hole promotion – 2019 Australian PGA Championship
Terms and conditions
This document sets out the terms and conditions of entry and participation for the PGA ‘Million Dollar Hole’ promotion (the Competition).
The Competition is conducted by the Professional Golfers Association of Australia Limited ACN 127 641 829 of 600 Thompson Rd, Sandhurst VIC 3977, telephone number (03) 8320 1911 (the Promoter).
These terms and conditions of entry, including information on prize details, apply to the Competition, and by submitting an entry to the Competition, an entrant agrees to and will be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Entry into the Competition is only open to Australian residents.
- Employees of the Promoter or any Related Entity (as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)) of the Promoter and immediate family members of employees of the Promoter or such Related Entities of the Promoter are ineligible to enter the Competition.
- The Competition commences on 00:01 16/09/2019 (AEDT) and entries close on 23:59 26/11/2019 (AEDT).
- Consumers are required to complete an entry form on the official Australian PGA Championship (the Tournament) website, completing all the required fields (including name, email address, postcode, date of birth).
- By entering this Competition an entrant consents to receiving information and offers from the Promoter and Soniq Australia Pty Ltd. Further information about privacy and the use of an entrant’s personal information is set out below.
Prizes and winning
- Up to 15 winners “Million Dollar Hole competitors” (Competitors) will be determined by a random selection which will take place at 10:00 am on 27/11/2019 AEST at PGA National Office, 600 Thompson Rd, Sandhurst VIC 3977 by the Marketing team at the PGA of Australia.
- The competitors will be randomly selected with the use of a computer program from the database of eligible entries. The random selection will be scrutinized by an independent person (being someone who is not an employee, or an immediate family member of an employee, of the Promoter).
- The final number of Competitors will be determined by the total number of groups that will take to the field during Saturday 21 December 2019 at the tournament.
- Competitors will be notified via email by 10:00 am AEST on 28/11/2019. Their details will also be placed on the tournament’s official website 29/11/2019 by 1:00pm AEST. After the Competitors have been drawn, they will each be randomly assigned to a group that will play in the field of The Tournament. Each Competitor will be advised via email an approximate time that they will play in the field.
- Otherwise subject to any delay in play due to weather or other circumstance, a final confirmation of times will be provided when the third round draw is completed for Saturday, on the evening of Friday 20 December 2019. All Competitors will be emailed with their final confirmed time on Friday evening, and have that information published on the tournament’s website. It is the Competitors responsibility to confirm their official time.
- All Competitors must arrive on site at RACV Royal Pines Resort two hours (120 minutes) prior to their official time and register with an official from the PGA of Australia. Details of who to register with and where will be provided to all Competitors via email. Each Competitor may bring one guest with them to act as their caddie for duration of their participation in the Million Dollar Hole event.
- Each Competitor is responsible for bringing their own golf clubs with them to participate in the Million Dollar Hole Event. A ball will be provided on the day for the competition. Competitors must use the provided ball which will be a determined colour to help differentiate it from the professional golfers’ golf balls.
- Each Competitor may be supplied with official apparel to be worn during the competition, of which the Competitor must wear in order to be eligible for the Million Dollar Hole Event.
- Each Competitor will be allocated to one group only.
- Competitors will be provided with two General Admission passes for Saturday 21 December 2019 (for them and one official guest) to enter the Tournament, as well as one parking pass if they advise the PGA they will be driving to the Tournament venue.
- If, within two days of the Competitors being selected, any Competitor who:
- Declines to take part in the competition;
- is found to be ineligible; or
- is unable to be contacted for any reason,
a reserve entrant will be promoted by the Promoter to be one of the winners.
Soniq Million Dollar Hole Event
- On Saturday 21 December 2019 at the Australian PGA Championship, each of the Competitors will be eligible for the “Million Dollar Hole Event” (Million Dollar Hole Event) to be played throughout the day’s official tournament third round.
- If a Competitor is unable to compete on Saturday 21 December 2019 or does not arrive or play within their allocated team for any reason, no alternate or substitute team or opportunity will be allocated to the Competitor and the Competitor will not be eligible to participate further in the Million Dollar Hole Event.
- On Saturday 21 December 2019 at the 16th hole at RACV Royal Pines Resort or such other hole nominated by the Promoter (Relevant Hole), a hole in one promotion will be in place.
- After each group of official Players in the tournament (Player) takes their tee shot at the hole, the Million Dollar Hole Competitor allocated to that group will then immediately take their tee shot.
- If a Million Dollar Hole Competitor or Player scores a hole-in-one at the Relevant Hole on Saturday 21 December 2019 which is recorded by the official as a valid hole-in-one (Valid Hole-In-One); that competitor or Player will win $1,000,000 AUD (Competitor Prize, Player Prize)
- The Million Dollar Hole Event prize will be awarded to the winner by 10 January, 2020
- The Competitor Prize is only awarded once, to the first Player or Competitor who scores a valid Hole-In-One. If a Player or Competitor scores a valid Hole-In-One, the Soniq Million Dollar Hole Event will immediately come to an end and no other Player or Competitor will be eligible to win a prize in relation to the scoring of a valid Hole-In-One.
- If no valid Hole-In-One is scored, then neither the Competitor nor Player Prize will be awarded.
- The total maximum prize value of the Soniq Million Dollar Hole aspect of the Competition is $1,000,000 AUD.
- Neither the Promoter or any company associated with this Competition accepts responsibility for any tax implications from acceptance of any prize. Independent financial advice should be sought by entrants regarding the tax implications for the winner of accepting a prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to enter into the Million Dollar Hole Event any number of additional Competitors at its sole and absolute discretion, which may include, but is not limited to, invited guests and junior golfers. These entrants may make up some of the up to 15 Competitors.
- Competitors will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the draw being conducted. The email will contain instructions on how the Competitor can follow the progress of their relevant Player and how they can claim their prize if they are the winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to require a Competitor to provide proof of identity to the Promoter (in its sole discretion) before awarding the spot in the Million Dollar Hole Event.
- If required by legislation governing the conduct of the Competition, the Promoter will provide details of the Competitors (such as names and addresses) to any applicable government authority.
- The Promoter will publish the names of each of the Competitors on the tournament website within two days of the relevant Competitors being announced.
- The prize awarded for the Million Dollar Hole Event is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- If the winner of the Million Dollar Hole Event does not accept or take any part of the prize, that part of the prize will be forfeited by the winner. The Promoter will determine when a prize or part of a prize has been forfeited by a winner.
- If, for any reason, a prize or a part of the prize is or becomes unavailable, the Promoter may, at its discretion (and, if applicable, subject to the approval of any relevant government authority), substitute an alternative prize of a value that is no less than the estimated retail value of the prize. Each entrant acknowledges that the Promoter will not be responsible or liable for any loss suffered by the winner in the event that a prize or part of a prize is unavailable.
- Entry details remain the property of the Promoter.
- Decisions of the Promoter regarding the Competition are final and each entrant agrees to be bound by any such decisions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse any entries that do not comply with the criteria set out in these terms and conditions. If a winning entry is deemed by the Promoter to be invalid, that entry will be discarded and the prize will be re-awarded in accordance with these terms and conditions as if the invalid entry had not been received.
- Incorrect contact details of an entrant will deem their entry invalid, and the entrant must only enter in their own name.
- If more than one entry is received from a particular entrant for a Draw, all subsequent entries submitted by that entrant will be invalid for that Draw, with only the first drawn entry being valid.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the consumer guarantee provisions of the Australian Consumer Law.
- The Promoter excludes all liability to the winner for any costs, expenses, losses and damages suffered or incurred by the winner, including any liability for personal injury or death, liability due to negligence of the Promoter or its personnel, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in connection with the Competition, the prizes or any component of the prizes.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter also excludes all liability for any costs, expenses, losses and damages suffered or incurred by any winner or any entrant, including any liability for personal injury or death, liability due to negligence of the Promoter or its personnel, loss of business opportunity whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in connection with:
- the participation in the Competition by any entrant or the winner;
- the use of the prize by any winner;
- any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or
- any variation in the prize value stated in these terms.
- If, for any reason, there is any interference or disruption in the conduct or operation of the Competition or the tournament (including due to power or technical failure, natural disasters, acts of God, computer viruses), the Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel, terminate, modify or recommence the Competition subject to the approval of any applicable government authorities.
- Each entrant consents to the Promoter using, without any fee or other remuneration, the name, likeness and image of the entrant and the Promoter taking, recording and using images, audio or audio visual content (including video) of the entrant for the purpose of promoting the Competition, the Promoter, the commercial partners of the Promoter or the products and services of the Promoter or its commercial partners in any way the Promoter considers appropriate. Each entrant agrees to sign any image release or other document required by the Promoter.
- Valid and properly completed entries will only be accepted by the Promoter once received by the Promoter. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise.
- The Promoter will collect the personal information provided by an entrant for the purpose of conducting the Competition, including providing any prize to an entrant and to contact the entrant for promotional and marketing purposes, as described below. The Promoter may disclose personal information regarding a prize winner to organisers or other service providers relevant to the awarding of the prize.
- If an entrant does not provide the requested personal information, the Promoter will not be able to accept an entry as being a valid entry in the Competition or allow an entrant to participate in the Competition.
- By entering the Competition an entrant consents to the Promoter using their personal information for promotional and marketing purposes regarding the Promoter’s products, services and events, including the Promoter contacting the entrant via SMS, email or other communication methods (and the entrant consent to receiving such messages from the Promoter). An Entrant can opt out of these messages at any time by following the opt out instructions in the message or by contacting the Promoter and requesting to opt out.
- The Promoter may also disclose an entrant’s personal information to the prize suppliers and commercial partners of the Promoter relevant to the competition including SONIQ Australia Pty Ltd. By entering the Competition an entrant consents to the Promoter disclosing its personal information to such prize suppliers/commercial partners and the prize suppliers/commercial partners contacting the entrant (including for promotional and marketing purposes and/or to provide information about their products, services or events).
SA License Number: T19/1415 NSW Permit Number: LTPS/19/37419 ACT Permit Number: TP19/04043