Soniq Million Dollar Hole
Terms and Conditions
Soniq Million Dollar Hole promotion – 2018 Australian PGA Championship
Terms and conditions
This document sets out the term and conditions of entry and participation for the PGA ‘Soniq Million Dollar Hole’ promotion (the Competition).
The Competition is conducted by the Professional Golfers Association of Australia Limited ACN 127 641 829 of 600 Thompson Rd, Sandhurst VIC 3977, telephone number (03) 8320 1911 (the Promoter).
These terms and conditions of entry, including information on prize details, apply to the Competition, and by submitting an entry to the Competition, an entrant agrees to and will be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Entry into the Competition is only open to Australian residents aged over 18 years of age.
- Employees of the Promoter or any Related Entity (as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) of the Promoter and immediate family members of employees of the Promoter or such Related Entities of the Promoter are ineligible to enter the Competition.
- The Competition commences on 00:00 22/10/2018 (AEDT) and entries close on 23:59 19/11/2018 (AEDT).
- Consumers are required to complete an entry form on the Australian PGA Championship website, completing all the required fields (including name, email address, mobile number, date of birth).
- By entering this Competition an entrant consents to receiving information and offers from the Promoter and Soniq Australia Pty Ltd. Further information about privacy and the use of an entrant’s personal information is set out below.
Prizes and winning
Main Prize Draw
- 156 “Soniq Million Dollar Hole Event Recipients” (Recipients) will be determined by a random selection which will take place at 10:00 on 20/11/2018 AEST at PGA National Office, 600 Thompson Rd, Sandhurst VIC 3977.
- The Recipients will be randomly selected with the use of a computer program from the database of eligible entries. This random selection will be scrutinized by an independent person (being someone who is not an employee, or an immediate family member of an employee, of the Promoter).
- Immediately after the 156 Recipients have been drawn, they will each be randomly paired with one of the Players playing in the Australian PGA Championship from 29 November to 2 December 2018 (Player). If their Player does not make the cut following play on the Friday, that Recipient will immediately be ineligible to win the main prize.
- Each Recipient will be allocated to one Player only. If a Recipients Player withdraws prior to the event, and is replaced in the tournament, the Recipient will be paired with this alternate Player. If a Player withdraws or is disqualified in any way once the Australian PGA Championship begins, that Recipient will be ineligible to win the main prize.
- Recipients will be notified via email by 10:00 AEST on 21/11/2018. Their details will also be placed on the Australian PGA Championship official website.
- If, within two days of the 156 Recipients being selected (10:00 AEST 23/11/2018), a Recipient who:
- refuses to part of the competition;
- is found to be ineligible; or
- is unable to be contacted for any reason,
a Reserve Entrant will be promoted by the Promoter to be one of the winners.
Soniq Million Dollar Hole Event
- Following the cut on Friday 30 November 2018 after play is completed; the top 65 players plus ties will still be eligible for the Soniq Million Dollar Hole Event to be held on Sunday 2 December 2018.
- If a Player is unable to compete on Sunday 2 December 2018 or does not play the Relevant Hole for any reason, no alternate or substitute Player will be allocated to the Recipient and the Recipient will not be eligible to participate further in the Soniq Million Dollar Hole Event.
- On Sunday 2 December 2018 at the Soniq Million Dollar Hole (the par 3, 16th hole at RACV Royal Pines or such other hole nominated by the Promoter (Relevant Hole)), a hole-in-one promotion will be in place.
- If a Player at the 2018 Australian PGA Championship scores a hole-in-one at the Relevant Hole on Sunday 2 December 2018 which is recorded on the official tournament scorecard as a valid hole-in-one (Valid Hole-In-One):
- that Player will win $500,000 AUD (Player Prize); and;
- the Recipient who has been allocated to that Player by the Promoter, will (provided they comply with these terms and conditions) win a prize that consists of $475,000 cash and $25,000 to spend on Soniq goods of the winner’s choice.
- To be eligible to win the Soniq Million Dollar Hole Event prize, Recipients do not need to be present at the tournament but do need to be contactable within 14 days of the Hole-In-One being recorded as valid.
- If the Recipient whose partnered Player records the Hole-In-One and is not able to be contacted within the 48 hours, they will forfeit their prize.
- The Soniq Million Dollar Hole Event prize will be awarded to the winner by 17 December 2018.
- The Player Prize and Recipient Prize is only awarded once, to the first Player who scores a valid Hole-In-One and the Recipient for that Player (as allocated by the Promoter). If a Player scores a valid Hole-In-One, the Soniq Million Dollar Hole Event will immediately come to an end and no other Player or Recipient will be eligible to win a prize in relation to the scoring of a Valid Hole-In-One.
- If no Valid Hole-In-One is scored, then neither the Recipient or the Player Prize will be awarded.
- The total maximum prize value of the Soniq Million Dollar Hole Event aspect of the Competition is $1,000,000 AUD.
- Neither the Promoter or any company associated with this Competition accepts responsibility for any tax implications from acceptance of any prize. Independent financial advice should be sought by entrants regarding the tax implications for the winner of accepting a prize.
- Recipients will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the draw being conducted. The email will contain instructions on how the Recipient can follow the progress of their relevant Player and how they can claim their prize if they are the winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to require a Recipient to provide proof of identity satisfactory to the Promoter (in its sole discretion) before awarding the spot in the Soniq Million Dollar Hole Event.
- If required by legislation governing the conduct of the Competition, the Promoter will provide details of the Recipients (such as names and addresses) to any applicable government authority.
- The Promoter will publish the names of each of the Recipients in the Australian newspaper and on the Competition Website within two days of the relevant Recipients being announced.
- The prize awarded for the Soniq Million Dollar Hole Event is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- If the winner of the Soniq Million Dollar Hole Event does not accept or take any part of the prize, that part of the prize will be forfeited by the winner. The Promoter will determine when a prize or part of a prize has been forfeited by a winner.
- If, for any reason, a prize or a part of the prize is or becomes unavailable, the Promoter may, at its discretion (and, if applicable, subject to the approval of any relevant government authority), substitute an alternative prize of a value that is no less than the estimated retail value of the prize. Each entrant acknowledges that the Promoter will not be responsible or liable for any loss suffered by the winner in the event that a prize or part of a prize is unavailable.
- The Recipients will have their details published on the PGA of Australia website www.pga.org.au and in The Australian newspaper for the:
- Soniq Million Dollar Hole Event on 26/11/2018
- Soniq Million Dollar Hole Event Recipient / Hole-in-one winner (if a Valid Hole-In-One is made) on 3/12/2018
- Entry details remain the property of the Promoter.
- Decisions of the Promoter regarding the Competition are final and each entrant agrees to be bound by any such decisions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse any entries that do not comply with the criteria set out in these terms and conditions. If a winning entry is deemed by the Promoter to be invalid, that entry will be discarded and the prize will be re-awarded in accordance with these terms and conditions as if the invalid entry had not been received.
- Incorrect contact details of an entrant will deem their entry invalid, and the entrant must only enter in their own name.
- If more than one entry is received from a particular entrant for a Draw, all additional entries submitted by that entrant will be invalid for that Draw.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the consumer guarantee provisions of the Australian Consumer Law.
- The Promoter excludes all liability to the winner for any costs, expenses, losses and damages suffered or incurred by the winner, including any liability for personal injury or death, liability due to negligence of the Promoter or its personnel, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in connection with the Competition, the prizes or any component of the prizes.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter also excludes all liability for any costs, expenses, losses and damages suffered or incurred by any winner or any entrant, including any liability for personal injury or death, liability due to negligence of the Promoter or its personnel, loss of business opportunity whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in connection with:
- the participation in the Competition by any entrant or the winner;
- the use of the prize by any winner;
- any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or
- any variation in the prize value stated in these terms.
- If, for any reason, there is any interference or disruption in the conduct or operation of the Competition or the 2018 Australian PGA Championship (including due to power or technical failure, natural disasters, acts of God, computer viruses), the Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel, terminate, modify or recommence the Competition subject to the approval of any applicable government authorities.
- Each entrant consents to the Promoter using, without any fee or other remuneration, the name, likeness and image of the entrant and the Promoter taking, recording and using images, audio or audio visual content (including video) of the entrant for the purpose of promoting the Competition, the Promoter, the commercial partners of the Promoter or the products and services of the Promoter or its commercial partners in any way the Promoter considers appropriate. Each entrant agrees to sign any image release or other document required by the Promoter.
- Valid and properly completed entries will only be accepted by the Promoter once received by the Promoter. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise.
- The Promoter will collect the personal information provided by an entrant for the purpose of conducting the Competition, including providing any prize to an entrant and to contact the entrant for promotional and marketing purposes, as described below. The Promoter may disclose personal information regarding a prize winner to organisers or other service providers relevant to the awarding of the prize.
- If an entrant does not provide the requested personal information, the Promoter will not be able to accept an entry as being a valid entry in the Competition or allow an entrant to participate in the Competition.
- By entering the Competition an entrant consents to the Promoter using their personal information for promotional and marketing purposes regarding the Promoter’s products, services and events, including the Promoter contacting the entrant via SMS, email or other communication methods (and the entrant consent to receiving such messages from the Promoter). An Entrant can opt out of these messages at any time by following the opt out instructions in the message or by contacting the Promoter and requesting to opt out.
- The Promoter may also disclose an entrant’s personal information to the prize suppliers and commercial partners of the Promoter relevant to the competition including SONIQ Australia Pty Ltd. By entering the Competition an entrant consents to the Promoter disclosing its personal information to such prize suppliers/commercial partners and the prize suppliers/commercial partners contacting the entrant (including for promotional and marketing purposes and/or to provide information about their products, services or events).
Authorised under permit numbers: T18/977, LTPS/18/25845, ACT TP 18/01110